Monday, July 27, 2009

Friends

Thursday Ann, Robert and I met at Sage for lunch. It's almost impossible to catch up on 46 years, but we darn sure tried! The weather was nice and we ate on the covered porch and since we waited until 1 to meet we pretty much had the porch to ourselves. Good, good meeting!

Early last week (or maybe the week before) a gigantic limb fell from one of the humongous trees in the back yard. It landed between the tree and the hedge of azaleas, dogwoods and redbuds...leaning on the hedge. I couldn't budge it and, of course, the fellow who cuts my yard mowed around it. I was stewing about what to do about it to one of the girls at work. Saturday she, her husband and their two daughters came and cut it up and hauled off the largest pieces. There is a pile of little stuff that I may either haul out to the road or cut up to use in my little fireplace on the patio. Now, wasn't that nice?

The yard needs so much work. I did some Saturday and some again yesterday, but it seems that while I'm working one section the others go berserk!

Looked at my last post...it may have been misleading. Mercy it just fine...it was a rare good picture.

Must prepare for work.

No comments: