Saturday, October 18, 2008

I've done so much recently that you'd think I'd have something to show for it! My 3 main focuses have been rendering the dining room usable, organizing the side porch and working on my work room.

The dining room is getting there. The table and chairs are once more centered in the dining room under the wonderful new chandelier that the kitchen renovators installed for me. They also left greasy black hand and finger prints on the relatively white ceiling! I must get up there and see if I can do anything about them! and...today I recovered 1 of the 6 chairs in there. It makes such a difference! Adds a wonderful pop of color and ties in the wall paper with the chandelier. Just looks great!! Now only 5 more to go. May have to do 1 a day or something as my hands are killing me from using the stapler. I'll just have to see how it goes.

I got a recycling bin last week and put it out Tuesday night for the first time. It felt good. I have put a great number of boxes out for recycling and I've taken recycle things to the dump. (They have special bins for certain things). But, it really did feel good just putting it out front!

Nancy and I have talked about needing to sell Mother's car. The sooner we do it the better the profit, but I guess that's dependent on actually be able to sell it. It's a 2008 Lincoln Town Car, I think. Anyway, it is a 2008 and you'd think it'd be easier to sell it in '08! Nancy broached the subject to Bert this week and he's dead set against it! He told Nancy that he really believes that Mother will "snap out of it"! and he wants her car to be there when she comes home! Oh, so sad!

Had dinner with the ladies last night. Always fun! I love being the youngest for a change! Had fried shrimp, cheese grits, cole slaw and hush puppies! Wonderful! Brought home a slice of pie to die for, Cool Whip, coconut, chopped pecans and caramel in a graham cracker crust! So good! Brought home enough left-overs that I had everything for breakfast and again for lunch today. Yum! Sure hate that it's all gone! Week after next is Halloween and we're all going to dress in costume for dinner! Fun! Oh, they finally pin-pointed me down on joining the Founders Garden club. I am.

I'm thinking this quietly as I type it in: The puppies seem better. A couple of times this past week I actually caught them doing something and swatted them pretty good with whatever was close at hand. Also, they've pretty much chewed up everything. They did a number on the bench that I bought to use as a coffee table. I can make it usable, but it just pisses me off when they do things like that! I coated it with hot sauce and that's working for now.

Guess I'd better go, no puppies in sight and it's mighty quiet!

No comments: