Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I voted!

Today before going to Tallahassee to see Mother I stopped at the voter registration office and voted! Feels good getting that done! Today was only day two of the two week early voting and it was actually quite crowded. I had to wait for 20ish minutes before it was my turn. I bet this election is going to see record numbers of voters! Yeah! I believe it is such a privilege to be able to vote!!!

Mother was in the beauty parlor when I got there today. Aleen was just finishing her up and she look very pretty. She recognized me as soon as I walked in (the last few times she didn't know it was me) and was quite happy. She had a talk with Aleen about having her color done and they settled on next week. I wheeled her about for a little while and then it was time to go into the classroom where she and 3 other ladies eat. Today was the first time in a long time that she didn't want me to leave, but they don't want us there during this meal. Not sure why.

Stopped at Publix on the way home. They had some featured calf liver and I bought a package with four slices and divided it into two and two when I got home...froze one package. So, for supper tonight I had liver and onions with rice and gravy and green beans. Talk about comfort food! I find it amazing, I cut the two slices in half and still have three pieces for tomorrow! and rice and gravy and green beans! Lucky me! Yum!!

No comments: