Tuesday, October 07, 2008

It was one of those days!

Have you ever had one of those days when everything happens wrong? Well, today was one of those!

It all began before I left the house this morning.

When I got up this morning the puppies had torn up one of the last of the dog toys all over the bedroom. Fuzz and stuffing everywhere! Calmly picked it up.

Put the gate up between the back hall and the dining room as I was leaving for work. Saw I'd left the kitchen light on. Stepped over the gate right smack dab in the middle of a fresh, steaming, smelly pile of poop. Tossed purse to the table, grabbed the shoe and hobbled to the kitchen. Used the hottest water the pipes could produce and the sprayer and got the poop out of all of the grooves on the shoe.

Scrubbed the sink with Comet.

Only worked until 10:30 this morning. Then it was off to Tallahassee to see Mother.

I was closer to Hwy. 27 at work than I was to Hwy. 90 which is the usual way I go to see Mother. But somehow it made more sense to me to go Hwy. 27. Wrong! Because of the time of day and traffic and the fact that I was on the opposite side of town, it took me almost twice as long to get to the nursing home. Mother was in a group activity when I got there and I watched for about 15 minutes and left. I didn't want to upset the apple cart.

Stopped at Publix on the way home. They were out of my cigarettes.

When I got to Monticello I went to Fred's and got my cigarettes.

Since I was on that side of town I decided to go home the back way and stopped at Leah Jane's to get some more things out of the yard. Couldn't pick up the bird bath, but got 2 large pots of asparagus ferns and tossed them into the back seat.

Got home and opened the back door of the car to take the ferns out and a rather large green and gray snake fell out. (Use your imagination here.) After hopping around for a while I decided to try to reach over the cats that had circled the snake and take my groceries in.

As soon as I opened the back door I knew that I wasn't going to be a happy camper...there was cushion foam in large chunks all over the dining room and into the living room and the fresh aroma of puppy poop. Now I got home about 30 minutes earlier than I usually do from work and the distruction had already begun. I think they decorate for me. I'm glad I was early! After tossing the dogs out I started in on cleaning up the mess and found the remote for my TV under a mess of foam. The end that you point toward the TV was gnawed. Pointed it toward the TV and pressed "on"...nothing.

You know, at this point I'd about had it! I left Shirley and the puppies in the yard (which I have never done before) and took my remote to Radio Shack. Well, wouldn't you know it they didn't have one that was compatable with my TV! Said I'd probably have to go back to where ever I got it (Thomasville) and get one there. I moaned and groaned and the fellow said why didn't I let him check the remote out for me. It turned out that he was able to unstick a chewed button on it and said it should work. Got home, it DID!!!!

When I backed out to go to Radio Shack the snake wasn't in the carport. He rode there and back under the car somehow, 'cause he fell out when I got home!

Thank goodness, the remainder of the day has been rather uneventful. The snake got into a flower bed and seems comfortable, the puppies haven't done anything else that I've found and I'm having wonderful leftovers for supper, so no cooking! And, Biggest Loser is on tonight! All's right with my world for now!

No comments: