Monday, June 02, 2008

Yard progress

The young fellow who's doing my yard clean up has worked on it for 3 full days! Bless his heart it's so very hot and dry right now and the main part of the yard is full sun almost all day. I do have good heavy hedges on 3 sides and those usually are quite shady and that's where most of the work is. Saturday he hauled off 8 trailer loads and today several more! He took out all of the Lantana and the Aztec grass...it's wonderful seeing all of that gone. Tomorrow he'll clean the roof and tidy up a bit and then he's done. Nice guy and very good at what he's doing.

I went to a graveside service for the mother of a long time friend of mine this afternoon at 3 o'clock. The cemetery is in an old pine grove and is beautiful...but it was hot! There was an occasional small breeze, enough to make you acutely aware of just how hot you were! There was a very large turn out and I saw people I hadn't seen in 45 or more years! Saw lots of folks that I've seen more recently. It was very much a reunion of sorts! and I rather enjoyed it.

Stopped on the way home and got a pint of butter pecan ice cream. There's something about a funeral that makes me feel the need to "do it now, who knows about tomorrow"!

No comments: