Friday, June 13, 2008

My new watch

You may remember my favorite watch, multi-colored beaded triple strand band with animal charms. Well, it's about to hit the dust. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. It was used when a friend of mine found it in a thrift shop years and years ago and said she saw it and knew it was me! I took it in to have a new battery put in, but they said it's not the battery, it's age...just like me! I sure will miss it! The really good news is I did a major search on the internet and found a gazillion sites for beaded watches. I looked at them for days and found a watch. It's wonderful! Green glass leaves that move with my movement and make a little tinkling sound. But the best part is the little glass lady bug nestled among the leaves. The craftsmanship is excellent and the watch so pretty! The site: www.craftsmyths.com you owe it to yourself to look at the wonderful things they make...not just watches.

Just earlier this week I was complaining about how dry it was...well, now it's just the opposite. We have gotten rain every afternoon and evening for 3 days now with the same in the forecast for the next week. The area in the back where I had the aspidistra taken out is a mire and the puppies have made it their favorite spot. The only thing in the house that isn't muddy so far is my chair and I guard it like a hawk...after all where would I sleep while I watch tv if not my chair?

No comments: