Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mother/Nancy Update

After work yesterday I stopped at Arby's picked up lunch and dashed to Tallahassee. Took lunch to Nancy. The bruising has started coming to the surface and is massive. Funny, she never felt the shoulder injury, but that bruise is really bad along with a bad scrape. She's quite stiff and very sore. She's going to go in to work for a while today. I folded the rug up and dragged it across the street to her neighbor's trash, put clean sheets on her bed, watered some of her outdoor plants for her and dashed across town to see Mother.

Mother had a visitor when I got there and was very sane!!! After her visitor left we chatted for a little over an hour. We actually laughed until tears ran down our cheeks when she said (in response to something I said) "I hate when butter falls" and I said, "Mother, I hate when butter falls, too!"...we both got so tickled and laughed and laughed!

Bert called last night and said he got there 10 minutes after I left and had the best visit with her that he's had so far. That's always a relief!

It was around 4:30 when I finally got home to no puppy poop and intact magazines! I thought I was home free until I walked into my bedroom. They somehow got my newest batch of photos and chewed up not only the pictures, but also the negatives...thank goodness I've been getting a cd with the prints!

We have rain predicted for the next 5 days! Hope it does!

No comments: