Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring has sprung!

Everywhere you look something is blooming! The dogwoods, redbuds, cherry laurel, azaleas, bulbs of all sorts are in bloom and the camellias are still holding their blooms from January. It's beautiful!

My kitchen renovation is coming right along. Last week they gutted it. When they tore down the ceiling tiles they uncovered the original ceiling which is a wonderful tongue and groove thing. I'm going to keep it! Monday they did plumbing, Tuesday electrical and yesterday the insulation and drywall went in! I'm trying not to be too hopeful, but I do believe I'm beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel! Yeah!

Monday when I got home from work I couldn't find Bandi. I thought she was just hiding and didn't really begin worrying until it was their supper time and no Bandi. She's never been outside and I know the workmen are careful about leaving the door open (I sorta yelled a lot about that in the beginning) so I was concentrating on the attic and the walls, in fact, last night I was sure she was behind the new drywall. But this morning when I let Shirley out I heard her and called and out she came from under the house. Thank goodness! My little group is now complete again!

I went to Tallahassee yesterday after work to see Mother. She was in physical therapy when I got there, in her wheelchair, slumped over with her head down and her eyes closed. Two girls were saying "Miss Jane, open your eyes, Miss Jane hold up your head" and she wouldn't. I walked over to her and said "Mother, what in the world are you doing?" Her head snapped up and her eyes opened and she said "Exercise"! I stayed with her for the remainder of that session and for her speech therapy. Then I took her back to her room and put her jacket on her as she was very cold. She was very cooperative. I'll go back after work today.

No comments: