Sunday, October 01, 2006

Catching up

This past Thursday and Friday the two guys inside at work went to a show in Orlando, so I had the office to myself. We were oddly busy in spurts and having to do everything in the office alone I really stayed quite busy. Also, Friday was the last working day of our fiscal year and I had one 4-drawer file cabinet to box up and one 4-drawer to transfer to the now empty file cabinet. Not a very mentally challenging task, but quite physical! I can still feel it in my arms and shoulders!

Twenty plus years ago Mike gave me a microwave. It passed away last week. Still made the sounds just didn't heat anymore. So yesterday when I read in Fred's ad that they had small microwaves for $45.00 I went and got one. It's mighty small compared to the old one, but has lots of bells and whistles and takes up much less counter top space which is really at a premium in this kitchen!

When I got home yesterday from Fred's I brought in the other things I'd picked up and decided I needed to move the old microwave out before I brought the new one in. I'd forgotten how heavy the old one was and when I tried to lift it at first I thought I couldn't do it. But, I wanted to change it out! So I wrangled it around and did get it into my arms, but opted for the side porch as opposed to the street. Was hurrying because it was so heavy and bulky and creamed my index finger on my right hand trying to get it through the door...almost dropped it. Ended up putting it on the love seat rather than in the spot I'd made for it on the floor. Looked at my finger and thought I was going to be sick. I could see the bone between the nail and the first joint. Ran it under water, pulled the skin back into place and grabbed a paper towel and applied pressure for quite a while before I could get it to stop bleeding...had some nice spots on the floor to clean up later. Thought I needed stiches, called both clinics in town and they were both closed for the weekend (after 12 noon on Sat.) and there was no way I was going to drive to Tallahassee or Thomasville, so I slapped on some triple antibiotic salve and a waterproof bandaid and hope that's enough. I've had to change the bandaid several times...movement seems to cause it to bleed.


Of course there was a sinkful of dishes needing to be washed, so a while ago I put on a vinyl glove and got them done. I do have laundry going. But, basically, I've done more TV watching than anything else. This would be my mouse finger! Kinda hard to play games! Kinda hard to type, too!

2 comments:

prentice said...

What a day you had!! I hope your finger feels better soon. Maybe I'll send it a card.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom! How's your finger now?