Sunday, October 22, 2006

Whew!

After such a roller coaster day on Thursday I was really looking forward to Friday...silly me!

When I got to work Friday am HWB called in and said he'd be out until early afternoon and would I go to Tallahassee and get our employee from the hospital and take him home. Said sure.

Ran my morning errands and got back to a message that he'd be ready to leave the hospital in an hour. So that gave me about half an hour to clean up some things on my desk and dash to Tallahassee.

When I got to his room he was dressed and ready except he still had an IV going. He'd already signed discharge paper and was just waiting for a nurse to pull the IV out and give a thumbs up to go...so we waited and waited and waited. An hour later she came in removed the IV and said an orderly would be right in with a wheel chair...yeah, right! It was another 40 minutes before he showed up. Then I had to find my car. Did. And we headed back to Monticello.

Well, this fellow lives pretty far out of town on a farm. It was 1:30 when I got him there. Unloaded the car and headed back to town to the office. HWB was in and I told him that JR said that HWB would bring him his cashed check and stop and pick up his prescriptions. Well, I ended up going to the bank, cashing his check and picking up his drugs and going back out to drop them off. No answer at the door, so I tried the knob and it opened...no sign of JR...heard snoring and followed the sound. Just left everything on his bed and headed back to the office. (notice no lunch yet).

I had an appointment at 3:45 for a flu shot and it was pushing 3 at this time. So I got both my pay check and my bonus check (yeah!), dashed to the bank and then to the Dr.'s office got my shot and headed to the grocery store.

While I was waiting in the checkout line a girl friend from high school, Ann, came in and said she'd just left me a message on my phone at home to come to her house for dinner at 5:15. Well, to tell you the truth, had I not seen her I probably would have called and begged off, I was quite tired, but it's much harder to do in person! So I left the store came home put Shirley out, cleaned the litter boxes, jumped in the shower and got there at 5:15!

It was a nice little dinner party and it was over around 8. Well, Leah Jane was there and she had a snoot full! I offered to drive her home, but she wouldn't hear of it, so I followed her home to make sure she was ok, talked to her in her driveway for a few minutes and came home. Called Ann to let her know everything was ok and invited her to come watch the FSU game and have dinner on Saturday.

I woke up yesterday morning to a not cleaned in a week house and company coming! Dashed around and got most everything done. Ann came at 3 and we couldn't find the game on tv (read in the paper this morning that there was some sort of technical problem and the game didn't get on the air until sometime in the 2nd quarter). Anyway, we looked at my stuff and talked and ate, etc. and looked at the clock and it was 9 o'clock! She went home and I went to bed! Slept until 7:30 this morning! Feel much better!

Right now I have a chicken and rice dish in the oven that I'm going to take to JR with a salad and then I really plan to be a blob this afternoon! We'll see, the way the week has gone something else may come up!

No comments: