Tuesday, March 02, 2010

A little bit of nothing

There's really nothing to blog about right now, but I just didn't want you to think I'd fallen off the face of the earth!

The 2 major earthquakes recently have truely been horrible!  I was listening to NPR this morning and Diane Reems had two experts on her show.  They were talking about the world-wide effects these major quakes will have.  The one that stuck in my little one brain cell was that this latest quake (8.8 on the Ricter scale) was large enough to affect the earth's rotation!  The amount of affect and resulting consequences have not been calculated or published yet, but will be!  And, we thought global warming was a problem!

I was in Tallahassee Saturday and breakfasted with my sister.  That was nice!  Then I went to Walmart to do my monthly pet food shopping.  While I was there I decided to get 2 new litter boxes as the 2 I had were quite old and one had a bad crack in the bottom and I had it sitting in a cardboard box!  Well, I'm here to tell you that cats don't make changes too well!  After throwing the old boxes away and cleaning the area well I put the two new litter boxes down in the same spots and filled them with new litter.  The cats (dogs, too) had watched what I was doing with great interest and I had no inkling that there would be a problem.  Well, you'd have thought I'd cut their tails off or something!  Those 4 cats walked through the house yowling and carping and being generally pitiful!  Finally after about half an hour of this I tossed 3 of them outside and left Mercy in.  Finally she very grudgingly used one of the boxes and declared it good.  Later the other 3 came in and made friends with the boxes, too.  Whew!  That was an ordeal!

Yesterday was absolutely beautiful!  Sunshine and a light breeze with the temp in the high 60s.  I left the back door open all day and, of course had no heat on.  Well, today it's raining and overcast and dark and chilly.  Do you think Spring is really just around the corner?  Our town's beginning to look a little like Spring.  The Japanese magnolias (the white and pink and purple ones) are all blooming.  Redbuds are blooming and bulbs are blooming everywhere.  Just enough to really hint at Spring!  And then it'll be Summer...ouch!

I didn't watch the Olympics.  There was enough on the news and on the computer to keep me as informed as I wanted to be.  The good ol' USA did good!  Now that they are over my regular tv programing can go back to normal, thank goodness!  The Biggest Loser is tonight.  Since we missed two week of it because of the games do you think the contestants will have lost even more weight or maybe gained from sitting around watching the Olympics?

As I said, not much news.  Will post again when I have a bit more to say.

No comments: