Friday, March 19, 2010

Changes

Thank goodness, Spring does seem to finally be here!  We are still in the high 30s to low 40s in the early mornings, but it's warming up to the 60s in the day time.  I have had to use the little heaters a bit, mostly in the bathroom when I shower, but mainly I'm not using heat and it's so nice!

The first few azaleas are starting to bloom.  They are always spotty at first and then seem to just all burst open at once.  I love that!  The Japanese magnolias are still blooming as are the red buds.  Bulbs are blooming everywhere and everything looks so festive!  Oh, and the blueberry bush is just covered with blooms!

Yesterday I got just a bit of Spring cleaning fever.  I cleaned the front porch and back porch as well as the French doors inside and out.  It's amazing how much better that make one feel...then I Swiffered the ceiling and walls in my bedroom.  It looks like it has a fresh coat of paint!

Today I'm having lunch with two old friends...one of whom I see fairly often because she moved back to town right after I did and one I haven't seen in 42-43 years!  We were majorettes together a hundred years ago!  This should be fun.

As of Tuesday I no longer have a job.  That's good news and not so good news...I don't feel like going into it too much, just that I was told to "take early retirement".   Will be paid for 6 weeks with insurance.  The first few days have been sorta odd, but it'll be fine.

The nursing home has called for a Hospice evaluation of Mother.  When I find out the outcome I'll let you know.

1 comment:

bethtompkins said...

It's nicer here too. I have been opening my windows- funny but that's what warms my house up in the mornings.