Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mother, etc.

My sister and I met at the nursing home at 1pm yesterday.  Mother was having lunch in the small dining room with an attendant assisting her.  She didn't know me.  My sister and I went out to the garden and had a cigarette while waiting for lunch to be finished.  When we got back inside Mother was asleep in her wheelchair.  We didn't wake her, but did talk to some of the staff about her and they were getting ready to put her to bed when we left.

The weather seems to be moderating some.  Yesterday was the first morning in a long time that the temperature wasn't in the 20s or teens when I got up.  This morning it's a balmy 34...really it's amazing that that feels better, not really warm, but better.  The afternoons are getting up to the mid to upper 50s and that's actually spured me into doing some yard work.  I'm planning on cutting back all of the crape myrtles this afternoon. This seems early in the year to me to be cutting them back, but it's being done all over town and this town does have the MOST beautiful crape myrtles in the world!

Shirley's better.

I got 2 (buy one get one free!) of those Emory Cats you see advertised on TV.  The cats LOVE them!  Goodness often lays on one and drools and at any given moment you can find Mercy clawing away on one.  The two little cats haven't gotten much of a chance to use them, but I suppose they'll work it out.

Monday Jazzy turned 2 years old.  She really has matured so much this past year, but she still has a long way to go.  A few months ago I recovered the arms of my recliner because the puppies had chewed them down to the wood.  Tuesday Jazzy opened one up and unstuffed it!

Damn animals!

No comments: