Thursday, February 11, 2010

Global Warming?

It's mighty cold here, but expected to get colder with snow actually in our forecast for tomorrow!  I have the thermostat set on 58 degrees at night and the furnace ran all night last night!  I sure hope this newest cold snap doesn't empty the propane tank...I can't afford to fill it again this year!

Financially this month is one of my most challanging.  I pay my car insurance twice a year and this was the month!  Anytime I have to fork out over $400.00 it almost kills me, even though I try to put some of the Social Security aside each month for just that sort of thing.  You know, you can only stretch $719 so far!

Luckly I don't need to lay in supplies for the snow tomorrow!  That's something else I try to do right along.  I will stop and get kitty litter (as I'm out), bread and some ground beef...I'm thinking a pot of chili would hit the spot!

This "global warming" thingy is something, isn't it?

2 comments:

bethtompkins said...

You should see the snow here! I've never seen anything like it. It just keeps snowing. It's so cold too. I've taken to an army coldweather slleping bag to stay warm. My electric bill is outrageous! I can't wait to move where it's warmer.

Unknown said...

I know what you mean Momma! You actually get more each month than I do. I pay rent $400 THen the light bill is $300 this winter... I don't know what to do!