Thursday, December 03, 2009

Stormy, stormy weather

Quite a storm came through yesterday.  Actually it came through in two parts, part 1 being the worse.  At one point it rained so hard that I had a leak over the front door that leaked into the house!  The house was completely surrounded by standing water, both the carport and patio were flooded.  The only thing above water was the front walk and it seemed like a path to the rest of the world!  Before the 2nd part of the storm hit the water receeded and left a sea of mud in its wake.  This morning everything still looks quite wet, but it isn't raining!

All of the animals were underfoot all day yesterday.  I couldn't shift in my chair with out everyone standing up ready to follow me to where ever I might head.  I tripped over several of them more than once, but thank goodness never fell, of course the fall would have been cushioned by many animal bodies!

Naturally I made a pot of soup.  Can't have a storm without soup!  Cream of mushroom and chicken soup with a pound of mushrooms, half a baked chicken, onions, garlic, carrots, celery, Etheopian mixed spices, terregon, salt/pepper and noodles.  Is to die for!

The weather today is forecast to be clear and chilly.  It's not expected to get out of the 50s.  Then rain is back tomorrow and Saturday.  Sigh.

No comments: