Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Today is the day to reflect on the true blessings we all have as Americans.  Often it's easy to forget just what we have,"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness", along with many other freedoms.  We are truely blessed to have this wonderful country that our forefathers had the vision to create.

The animals and I will celebrate today with just ourselves.  My sister and I agreed that neither of us wished to leave our homes or animals and that we'd each just stay home.  I have the makings of a mini-feast that I'll start cooking in a little while and then I intend to over-eat the rest of the day!

It's quite cool this morning, mid 40s, but we have a taste of winter coming in later today and mid to low 30s are in the forecast for the next several nights!  I just laid out some wonderful flannel sheets and a blanket that I plan to put on the bed today and even though I keep the thermostate quite low (60 degrees) it's comforting to know that the propane tank is over half full!

We (the animals and I) are all very well, safe and happy.  I hope everyone can say that about themselves!

No comments: