Thursday, December 17, 2009

Just when you think it's over...

Yesterday the sun poked his head out for a few minutes a couple of times and it was a beautiful sight!  I was even able to leave the back door open for most of the day.  Now the weatherman is putting rain back in our forecast...not just rain, but downpours, storms! 

Last Saturday was bridge.  It was my turn to host and being that this house is in such a state of disrepair, I opted to have bridge at Tupelo's.  Except that the rain was actually coming down in sheets, the day was lovely.  We met at 10:30 and they kicked us out at 2:15!  We all had quiche and a salad for lunch which, as always, was wonderful.  I took goodies to snack on and the coffee pot was bottomless.  We exchanged gifts and all in all had a great time!

Of course, since it was raining I left the dogs in the house.  Not too much was done, but Jazzy had shreaded all of the paper in the trash can in the bedroom (all over the house) and she almost finished emptying the stuffing out of one of the pillows in the living room.  Nothing too dramatic was done, but there was a lot to clean up.

This coming Saturday my sister and I will visit Mother and take the opportunity to do some last minute shopping...I still need to find something little for some of the folks at work...everything else is done.  No decorations this year, except for the wreath that Bert sent on the front door, 2 Christmas cards on the mantle and a centerpiece on the dining room table.  That's just about right, a little festive and quite easy to undo!

I sure hope we don't wash away tonight and tomorrow as the ground is super-saturated and several inches of rain are predicted.  Cross your fingers for us!

No comments: