Friday, November 23, 2007

I made it through Thanksgiving!

Yesterday was nice. When I got up around 4:30 am it was pouring rain!!! Thanksgiving! It rained until time for me to leave around 10:15 am. Not some piddling little spitting rain, REAL rain! Yeah!

I went to Nancy's house and we road together to the country club. She really wanted to beat Mother and Bert there and we did, by about 30 minutes! We had coffee and cookies while we waited at the table...nice. Mother and Bert were the next to arrive and then Nancy and Mark.

Nancy B. brought dear little cut Thanksgiving arrangements for each of us. Mine, of course is in the bathroom, safe from marauding kittens!

The food was abundant and very good. I didn't eat turkey as I still had half of a breast that I roasted Sunday. I just finished making a big pot of Spanish Bean Soup with the remainder.

Mother was very good. Only one barb that we were aware of...something about Nancy P. not having a slip on.

Was home by 2:30 pm and just frittered away the rest of the day.

No comments: