Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Bug

Yesterday while at work the boss asked if I wanted the heat turned up. When I said "no" he put his hand on my forehead and said "Girl you're burning up, go home". So I did. It's my throat and when I woke up this morning my ear is involved too. Dang it! I'll try to get in to see my doctor today.

There's a funeral this afternoon that I wanted to go to. Anabelle Rogers died. She was the most amazing seamstress and sewed a gazillion wonderful things for me when I was a teen. Mother is going and I planned to meet her there. I'll have to give Mother a call...oh, I hope she doesn't come by here!

Haven't heard anything from my kitchen man, so I guess it will be after the first of the year before he gets started. Want to have the living room, dining room and funny room painted also...I'm thinking of a grayed green...still looking for the right paint chip. I've found many that are close, but no cigar. But, cocoa brown keeps popping into my head. That could be fun.

When I got home yesterday Shirley was shivering terribly, so I put her sailor dress on her and within minutes she was just fine. I need to get her some pajamas and a new sweater as she's outgrown her turtle-neck. I gave Maria her rain coat and I'll give her the turtle-neck too. I tried the turtle-neck on Smokey. I think he was doing triple flips in the air! Had a little trouble catching him to take it off!

Oh good! I think I just heard the newspaper arrive.

I feel rotten!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom---we're sick here, too. Today will be the fourth day I haven't had a voice---it's driving me nuts! Hope you feel better.