Saturday, February 11, 2006

Life's little challanges

Two weeks ago today I hurt my lower back while cutting out some trees in one of the borders around the yard. I had one (about 12' tall) over my head and stepped back into a very shallow hole, twisted my ankle and caught the tree up in some bushes...Pulled my back muscles pretty badly. So it's been all I could do to just go to work (with heating pad in tow) and come home and go to bed. Missed two hours of work one afternoon, but other than that made it every day. Sure was miserable. Am better today.

When I got up yesterday morning I could see my breath in the house, so I turned the thermostat up. Nothing happened. No propane. Drat! They were to have filled the tank two weeks ago. Guess I slipped through the cracks somehow. Called as soon as I got to work and when I got home there was a door knob dangler with a bill in it for $366.52! I can't believe how expensive it is just to stay warm. Will pay it somehow. Also have a power bill due next week for $95.95...and I make $8.50 an hour! Living sure is a challenge!

It's very rainy and warm this morning, but the weatherman says that by this afternoon it's going to be windy, clear and COLD! We've already seen out high (60) today. I staying in! Need to get more firewood.

Work's good...sure do like it!

No comments: