Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Catching up

Lately it's so hard to get on the computer when I get home from work...so posting to my blog is one of the things I've sorta let slide.

Work's good, am really enjoying it.

Saturday Mother fell. She's okay, a little sore with a skinned knee and torn pants and the top of her foot is also skinned. She and Nancy were at breakfast and when they left the resturant she slipped in the wet parking lot and really took a tumble. She hurt her knee and the top of her foot, but landed on her behind with her legs out in front. Nancy was in front of her and didn't see it happen and Mother doesn't remember the sequence of it either. I told Nancy she must have bounced to have hurt the front and landed on the back...we both got a small chuckle from that.

Haven't heard from Helen in a little over a week. That's most unusual, as she usually calls once or twice during the week and at least once on the weekend. So last night I called her, didn't get an answer, so I called her daughter. Brenda thought she was okay, she'd talked with her on Saturday. I worry about her. She'll be 83 on the 17th of April and Mother will be 81 on the 23rd of April. Brenda and Don just celebrated their 20th anniversary...hard to believe. They'd only been married 4-5 years when I first met them.

Time to do the "Houdini" thing...magic for work.

No comments: