Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Blooming things

Things have burst into bloom around here...all sorts of spring bulbs, even some here that I didn't know were planted, azaleas, camellias, red buds, flowering cherries and many other things I can't identify. The buds on the dogwoods are swelling and the Japanese magnolias are beautiful...three colors blooming, white, lavender and purple. A new (to me) plant, loropetalum or Chinese fringe plant is in bloom everywhere you turn. It's a wonderland! Of course, this little town is so pretty any way, but with the spring blooms it's unreal!

Another very busy week at work. Spring really inspires folks to plant. I need to do some digging. Maybe this weekend.

Need to go fix my face, gotta try to compete with the blooms...does that make me a "blooming idiot"?

No comments: