Monday, December 12, 2005

Laughing out loud

Saturday, after working in the yard for a couple of hours, I decided to dash to Tallahassee to take Mother and Bert a little gift for Christmas. Now, as I said, I was working in the yard and it was just a whim to go to Tally. I didn't even look in the mirror before I left...no make up...twigs and trash in hair...was just planning to dash over and right back. (Mother did offer me her make up...I declined.)

Well, when I got there my sister was there doing the same thing, delivering Christmas. Mother insisted that I come in and visit and wait for Bert to get back...well, one thing led to another and the four of us ended up going out for a late lunch. We had such fun! Something triggered Mother, Nancy and me and we laughed until we were crying and couldn't stop. Poor Bert was just sitting there in silent amazement. Mother called last night and said Bert asked what was funny and she didn't know, nor did I...but what ever it was, it gave me the best laugh I've had in a very, very long time!

It was dark when I got home.

Played bridge yesterday. I'm really bad!

ETC and her husband have the baby! They are still in China, but are posting to their blog and have posted quite a few wonderful pictures. One they posted is with the hubby holding the baby in a front pouch thing (don't know what those are called) in front of a Chinese MacDonald's! My favorite is the one with ETC holding the baby while she drinks a bottle...the baby is looking up at ETC and she's looking at the baby with such love and joy on her face...beautiful! I printed it out to send to Mother. They are due home a week from today. Then the real pleasure starts when their son and the rest of the extended family start the living process that makes home and family.

We have a freeze this morning. Brrrr!

No comments: