Sunday, December 18, 2005

It's been a week and a half this week!

Went in to the new job on Monday for training. I was to be trained 2 hrs. a day this week and next. Well, the husband of the girl I'm replacing opened a little sandwich shop here in town on Thursday and on Wednesday she quit. So, Thursday I started full time and still have the 2 part time jobs I've been working...went in to the part times on Mon, Tues and Wednesday...just couldn't Thurs and Fri. I'll have to sort that out and go in after work at least two afternoons. I know it'll work out, just gotta figure out how to do it.

One of the girls from bridge (83 yrs old) called on Friday and asked if I'd take her shopping Saturday morning...of course said yes. She's new to Monticello and doesn't drive much (tends to get lost on a straight road). So I picked her up at 10am in the pouring rain and off we went. We went to Milady's shop which is a super nice dress shop that been here longer than I can remember...I remember going in with Mother when I was a little girl and trying on the hats while she shopped! Then we went to Fred's which is sorta like a poor man's K-Mart, but it's wonderful! Everything from groceries to furniture to videos and potting soil! She got everything she needed and more! Then we went to a new little Mexican restaurant that opened here a couple of months ago. It was SOOOO good! Brought her here to meet Shirley, Goodness and Mercy and see where I live, though I'll bet she can't find it again and back to her house. All this time it was really raining! She gave me a really nice rug for my living room that she didn't have a place for. She's moved from a 4 bedroom 3 bath in Satellite Beach to a 2 bedroom 2 bath town house. Really had to down size lots! Got home around 3pm, tired, damp and cold!

Built a fire and sat with hot tea and the newspaper until around 6pm and Helen called. We talked a couple of hours...Bless her heart she was so down...her lower back's giving her fits, so bad that she took a pain pill which she seldom does. She really is a trooper, still crochets the lap robes for the nursing homes...over 250 this year!

Shirley and I went outside earlier (still raining). When we came in and I took her leash off she went nuts! Ran, full speed, round and round the dining room table while Goodness ran with her round and round on top of the table! I laughed until my tears ran down my cheeks! They probably made 15-20 laps! What a hoot!

No comments: