Thursday, December 22, 2005

It's been an amazing week!

This week has almost been one of sensory overload! I really began my job in Ernest on Monday. It's as if it were custom made for me. Busy almost all of the time and that makes the time fly, really nice people and PLANTS! What more could I ask for...and the funny thing is I never even filled out an application. However, up front, I did tell them about having had three jobs this past year...they just shrugged, said they must not have been right for me. Wow! They gave me a total of 8lbs of shelled pecans...4 lbs on Friday and another 4 today.

For lunch today one of the boys grilled bacon wrapped quail, venison and smoked sausage. Talk about absolutely wonderful! And one of the boys brought in white chocolate covered cherrys that his mother made for us...I brought 4 home!

When I got home from work Tuesday my carport was piled high with fire wood! Split oak and a bucket of split lighter knot!

Martha Jean gave me two quarts of fresh cane syrup and a dozen satsumas. Mother and Bert came over Monday night and brought a dozen of the biggest, juiciest, tastiest pears I've ever had.

Tonight Caroline and George brought a smoked Boston butt (still hot!) over and said that they were planning on having fire wood brought over every week through winter (26 degrees this morning).

And, I got a gift certificate from Aunt Betty and Uncle Buddy for the Outback and a gift certificate from my sister for Winn Dixie today in the mail.

Do you see a theme here? Isn't it wonderful?

Plus, today was payday...and we are off tomorrow!

Merry Christmas! The only thing that could make it better would be if Bud could come.

No comments: