Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Chester, Tree Murder and other things...

Bud called last night. Yesterday he had taken a friend to Panama City and left Chester in the house. His landlord accidentally left the door unsecured and Chester got out. He was badly mauled by two Pit Bulls that roam the neighborhood. The end of his penis was bitten off and the muscles in his haunch are messed up pretty badly. Bud said he screams when he tries to move. Poor, poor baby! He doesn't have a mean bone in his body. I hate this happened and pray he'll be okay and soon!

I woke up later than usual this morning (7:30) to the sound of trees screaming. Bulldozers were killing all of the trees in the vacant lot across the street. I looked out the front window and they were just laying there with giant roots up in the air. Shortly after I moved into the house I heard that 3 houses were going in over there, then a few weeks ago the woman who sold the property told me that 6 houses were going in. My property stretches about half way across that land, I can't imagine how they'll squeeze 6 houses in there. Damn! Just hate it!

Last night it was cold and I was feeling sorta rotten (sinus) and almost didn't go to the Humane Society meeting. I'm glad I did, even being there I got handed more than I had bargained for...no telling what would have happened had I not been there. I'm now the treasurer and the membership chairman. They also asked me to be the recording secretary, thank goodness I had the gumption to say no to that, but it sure would have been the lesser of three evils!

Went to the bank today to make the HS deposit. The woman who is the office manager at the first job I had here came in while I was waiting. It was the first time I'd seen anyone since I left there. She came over and hugged me and apologized for everything that happened while I was there. That sorta made things better...I was given the short end of the stick.

The power bill came yesterday. I was thrilled! $64! Of course, I'm cold most of the time, but I can live with that. When LJ was here Saturday she told me that last year it cost her $400.00 each time she had her protane tank filled and she had it filled 4 times! No way I can do that.

Tomorrow is the day that ETC and hubby leave for China. I know they must be about to pop with excitement...I am and it's not even me!

We are suddenly having a flea problem again. Don't know what it is about this time of year. Have been using Frontline for all of the animals and the last dose didn't do a thing for them. Don't know what to do now, have tried flea powder, not working either.

I have a fire in the fireplace and a pot of chili cooking. Good smell combo!

Oh! The other night I made a cup of cocoa. Used Hersey's cocoa, half and half, a little sugar, a dash of salt and a good dash of cayenne pepper. Talk about absolutely WONDERFUL! I don't know where I got the idea for the salt and the pepper, I may have read it or heard it or even dreamed it, but it made all of the difference in the world! I think I'll try it again tonight.

No comments: