Saturday, July 31, 2010

$70.00

Well, I just got back from picking up my first Angel Food order and I'm here to tell you that it's the best $70.00 I've ever spent.  For those of you not familiar with Angel Food Ministries, it's a national organization that's non-profit and distributes food to anyone...absolutely no qualifications necessary.  One dollar of each order goes into a pot to feed the hungry.  The food is top-notch and very affordable!

I'm going to give you a brief (sorta) run down of what my $70.00 got me.  1 doz. eggs, a whole large chicken, lasagna, meat loaf, Polish sausage, 2 split Cornish game hens, 4 rib-eye steaks, 4 sirloin steaks, 6 cheese burgers, a package of hot dogs, frozen carrots, frozen mangos, a large pizza, a box of cereal, hamburger helper, baked beans, 8 sweet rolls, a lb. of ground beef, a bag of split chicken breasts, a large cabbage, frozen mashed potatoes, frozen corn, a quart of shelf stable milk, country fried steak with gravy and there's more that I can't remember.  This will last me longer than the month of August!  I'll need to get pet food and that's it!

You owe it to yourself to check out http://www.angelfoodministries.com/ and find a location in your area.  I had to drive to Tallahassee, but it's well worth it!

Leah Jane and Norma came over last night for hamburgers, slaw and baked beans.  It's good to see Leah Jane healing from the loss of Max, but she still has a way to go.  Bless her heart, at the end of last week she was stung by a wasp on her ankle...the swelling was immediate and just awful, but she was pretty much over it by Tuesday of this week.  Then on Thursday another wasp stung her on her right thumb and she looks like she wearing someone elses hand and arm.  She's swollen from the tips of her fingers to her shoulder!

I started a painting this week.  It's been years since I've painted anything other than furniture or walls, so getting back to a canvas is sorta exciting!  I'm doing a painting of Leah Jane and Max.  Keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't insult her and turns out okay!

No comments: