Friday, July 16, 2010

Good stuff

Tuesday evening Leah Jane and her dog Max and Norma and her dog Maggie came over for wine and visiting.  We always have a good time when we get together and when you add their two dogs into the mix with my four cats and two dogs it's usually a riot!  We laughed so much watching the interactions of the animals that our sides ached!

Wednesday I hosted bridge here at my house.  We didn't play in May or June as my sister and I were so overwhelmed with dealing with Mother's things and frankly couldn't wrap our heads around doing anything else.  Everyone arrived around 5pm and I think it was around 9 when we broke up.  As usual, I was low and my sister was high, but I play so poorly that I'm never surprised!  It was so nice not having to drive to Tallahassee to play...I just hate driving home at night!  I'm pretty sure a good time was had by all.

I got up yesterday morning, drove to Tallahassee and bought a car!  This is the first new car I've ever bought and it was exciting.  I was shocked at how long it took, hours!  I got a sage green 2010 Subaru Forester.  She's just beautiful and handles like a dream!   She even has a moon roof!  It'll take me a while to figure out all of the bells and whistles, I guess reading the book will help!  I drove home the long way just to drive!  I'm so looking forward to really driving somewhere!

Last night we had an unbelievable storm!  My patio, driveway, carport and porch are all covered with shreaded leaves and small (thank goodness) limbs.  From the reports that I'm getting from tv, parts of Tallahassee had it even worse than we did with some pretty major flooding, fires and power outages!  The forecast for today and tomorrow is more of the same!

No comments: