Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Old friends

"Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver the other gold".

Yesterday five of us from the class of '63 (and one husband) met for lunch at Sage here in Monticello.  Betty Hodge, Rachael Ward, Colleen Capps and her husband, Gene, Charlie Walker and I met, ate, talked and laughed for hours.  We all just picked up as if yesterday was our graduation...such fun!  You know, sometimes the smaller groups are better than the big ones, for one thing, it's much easier to hear each other!  I, of course, forgot to take my camera, but all three of the girls had theirs and plan to post on FaceBook.

I roasted my Angle Foods chicken yesterday morning.  I really needed to get it out of the freezer so I could tell what's in there!  I made a rub with brown sugar, Kosher salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, Cajun seasoning, fresh garlic and olive oil.  Stuffed the cavity with fresh rosemary and onions...it was so big I had to roast it for 2 hours!  Once it was cooled I cut it in half and put 1/2 in the 'fridge and 1/2 back in the freezer.  Supper was a nice salad with cubed chicken breast...yum!  This morning after feeding the animals I made a curried shrimp salad, ended having that for my breakfast, so good!

Our weather continues to be really hot and awfully muggy.  We are back in our daily storm pattern (thank goodness), but that just adds to the muggy!  The grass is so high that I'm afraid I'll lose Shirley in it...she runs and hops through it so I am able to keep an eye on her.  She's escaping from the fenced area at will!  I've crawled the length of the house and can't find where it's happening.  She's so unstreet savy and that really frightens me!

The power bill came this week, $201.70!  Wow!  The water/sewer/garbage bill also came and the base charge has dropped $5.00, that's better!

No comments: