Monday, August 23, 2010

Again, the dining room

The dining room is coming right along!  Tuesday of last week they tore out all of the remaining wallpaper and paneling!  Underneath is the most wonderful old siding on all 4 walls!  Then they took out the ceiling tiles and uncovered an old bead board type ceiling!  Then on Thursday they came over and patched damaged places and spackled holes.  The next step will be sanding and then painting.  I'm having the ceiling and trim done in a semi-gloss white and the walls a sort of a paprika color.  I'm thinking it'll be quite striking...if not, I can always repaint!

The animals are going to hate when the dining room is put back together!  The dogs romp in the empty room daily and at any given time you can find 1 to 4 cats lounging in it.  Oh well, I'm looking forward to getting everything out of the rest of the house and back in place!  It's mighty cramped in the living room and funny room!

My sister and I had brunch at Ruby Tuesday's yesterday.  It was her treat for my birthday!  It really was yummy and I actually got 4 meals out of it...1 at the restuarant and 3 here at home from my left-overs!

Today is my oldest grandaughter's 19th birthday!  Where did all of that time go?  It really seems like it was only yesterday that she was 5 years old and we took her to Disney World!  Thursday I'll be 65!  Ouch!

No comments: