Saturday, August 14, 2010

Astonishing hair!

I probably won't recognize myself when I wake up tomorrow...I now have the most astonishing hair color!  It's sorta a cross between fire engine red and sunflower yellow.  It is, however, growing on me!

Ann came to town for a few days and we've done a lot of eating and visiting.  She's staying with Leah Jane and will be going back to Carrabelle tomorrow.  I really wish she hadn't moved.

Night before last I got up at 3am and sat on the patio until 5am watching the Perseid Meteor Shower.  It really put on quite a show this year!  One came over that seemed close enough to need to duck and it was so big and lasted quite a while!  I tried it again last night, but only saw a few small ones.  I really went out at the wrong time, about 11pm, the peak is between midnight and dawn.  I'll meander out again tonight, but Thursday was the peak.

I started a jig-saw puzzle today.  It's been years since I've done one...had forgotten how much I enjoy them!  This one is an old ad for Winchester shotguns with two of the prettiest bird dogs I've ever seen in the ad.  It's 1,000 pieces and I still am working on getting the edges done.  This may take a while!  I got one of those things that you can roll up while you're not working on the puzzle...I hope to save it from the cats!

This past Monday I went to Thomasville.  I needed to go to Walmart for pet food and stopped at the Goodwill store on the way.  I've been wishing for a lamp for the bedroom...found the cutest elephant lamp for $4.99 and the shade for $1.99!  So for $7.00 I have just what I needed...you really can't beat the prices!

The weather's still a major topic of conversation around here...guess it is everywhere right now.  The temp has moderated a bit, instead of the high 90s and low 100s it's low to mid 90s.  Of course the rain is keeping the humidity very high.  It's like being slapped in the face with a hot wet towel when you walk outside!  This too shall pass!  Next we'll all be moaning and groaning about how cold it is!

No comments: