Thursday, April 29, 2010

Friends

Yesterday Ann, Leah Jane w/Max and Norma w/Maggie came over.  We sat on the patio and had wine and cocktails and shrimp and veggies w/pesto dip and we ate, drank and laughed for several hours. It was so much fun.  The weather was perfect and the yard is really looking nice.  Can't ask for more!

After 2+ weeks of dry weather the rains we've had lately are really welcome!  It looks as if we may finally be getting into a pattern of  alternating days with sun and rain and that's a good thing!  I'm going to put out zinnia and sweet alyssum seeds today.  As I'm such a lazy gardener I usually only broadcast flower seeds, so the rain we're expecting tomorrow will help seat them.  I really enjoy the random look of flowers that have been broadcast and generally have remarkable luck.  Cross your fingers that this holds true this time, too!

Last night I was reclining in my new chair dozing while watching tv.  Suddenly I woke just sweltering hot.  Turns out I was covered from ankles to chin in animals.  Shirley, Goodness and Mercy had managed to catch me unawares and very creatively drape themselves all over me!  Now, we're talking roughly 45-50 pounds of sneakiness and that's quite warm!  Thank goodness Jazz, Smokey and Bandi didn't join in or I may have smothered!

No comments: