Thursday, April 22, 2010

Not too much to say

My sister and I are maybe 2-3 days away from finishing up with Mother's things.  That sounds quite close, but in actuality it isn't.  We are only doing it on Saturdays as my sister really can't take more time off from work for this and it's something neither of us want to do alone...and since we're both exhausted from everything we're not working on it this coming weekend.  That's not to say we're doing nothing, just not the clearing out.  We're taking things to a cosignment shop and researching silver/china/crystal prices at an antique shop or two.

Yesterday I did 6 loads of laundry.  It's amazing how much had piled up as I hadn't done any since the week before Mother died.  I got all of the clothes washed, folded and put away along with some towels, pillow cases and dish towels.  There is still a big pile of winter bedding that must be addressed at some point, but it sure does feel better getting the stuff done that I did!  I was so suprised that the majority of the clothes were winter things!

I've spent most of my time and energy in the yard...the patio area inside the fence to be more exact.  It is really looking good and it feels so good to go out there!  My first iris of the year opened Monday.  It's an unusual color, a deep wine with a gold throat, beautiful!  Two or three more are almost ready to open!

The dogs just went crazy with their barking and it took me a bit to get them in.  I just found out what it was about...my yard cutting guy is mowing and his aide is weed eating.  Thank goodness!  It's almost knee-high in spots in the back yard and was really beginning to look ratty!  This will make everything else I've done look even better!

Enough for now, it's hard to think and type as they're mowing under my window now.

No comments: