Tuesday, April 06, 2010

What happened to Spring?

Wow, we went from almost Spring to SUMMER!  Yesterday the temperature actually got up to 89 degrees!  Of course, the nights are still in the 50s and we have a front moving in tomorrow (I think that's what they said) and we should be back to the 70s for daytime highs.  That will be nice, I mean, my heavens, it's only early April!!!!!

I came home from Tallahassee Sunday with the trunk and back seat of the car stuffed to the brim with things from Mother's closet.  At first when my sister and I were loading everything I didn't think much about it, but then it hit me that Wag the Dog doesn't open until Thursday and both Shirley and Jazzy have an appointment for grooming on Wednesday.  There wasn't room to stuff a match book in the car much less two dogs!  I called the Humane Society first thing yesterday morning and got no answer, so I called my vet's office.  Told them my delima and they said to just bring everything there and leave it and they'd have Wag the Dog pick it up.  Nice, huh?  Well, when I got there the receptionist told me I was in luck, the Wag the Dog folks were there picking up their dog!  I talked with them and met them at the shop and unloaded everything!  What a relief!  There will be lots more as we've not finished with either of Mother's closets and haven't touched the kitchen or garage!

I took advantage of an empty car and went to the hardware store and got 5 2-cubic ft bags of natural cypress mulch, would have gotten more, but they didn't have it.  They should have some in Thursday and I'll get more. You know these past 2 years with Mother caused both my sister and me to ignore so much of our own stuff.  Managed to get 4 of the bags spread before the heat became too much, I'd like to get the last one out this morning before it gets too hot.

Oh, you should see my hair...you know how I tend to do stuff to it when I'm stressed, well, the night before Mother died I cut it quite drastically, actually I cut it three different times that night.  Then this past week I bleached it pretty good.  Now it's quite short and a really odd color, sorta a light red or gold or something.  I meant to get some dye yesterday while I was out, but forgot, so maybe I'll remember when I drop the dogs off tomorrow.  I only think about it when I catch sight of it in a mirror and I really try not to look in one of those things very often!  I think one of the blessing of aging is the eye sight dims a bit and unless you look in a mirror with your glasses on or in a magnifying one (shame on whoever invented those!) you can't really see the results of the years.

My house is a mess.  Not only have I not cleaned it much in a while, but there are all of these bags of stuff from Mother's house everywhere.  You can see the problem I'm sure, I can't do much cleaning with all the stuff around and I can't do anything with all of the stuff until we finish up.  My sister and I plan to have yard sales both here and at her house.  I guess we'll donate what doesn't sell as neither of us want more stuff, in fact, we're planning on putting lots of our own things in the sales, too.  I hope to sew up the sofa one last time and put it out to sell along with my chair and the other dog chewed easy chair in the living room.

I do know that this will all get sorted out and fixed in time, it's just that I'd like it finished NOW!  The only two places here at home that I can go that are clean and ordered are the kitchen and the back patio...well, my bathroom, too (I try not to go in there too often as there's a really big mirror!).  It'll be nice to reclaim the house!

No comments: