Friday, October 09, 2009

Hot, hot, hot

Wow! talk about unusual weather! Last week was luscious! Highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s, Fall! Well, this week is July in October. Highs in the upper 90s and lows in the mid 70s! Talk about a very unwelcomed switch! The weatherman just said that this trend will hold until early next week. Ick!

No particular news about Mother. Nancy and I saw her Saturday and she seemed the same. Bert is visiting with her daily and thinks she doing great. Last night Uncle Buddy called and wanted to know what's going on. Bert had called him and told him we had the feeding tube removed. Well, as you know, in order to have a feeding tube or any other life saving device removed it takes a court order. That's not what happened. The staff at the nursing home don't know how the tube came out, but it did. Neither the staff or the family had anything to do with the removal, but we elected not to reinsert it. Mother's living will (which we found after the fact) was very clear about no artificial means being used if something like this stroke (or anything else) happened. She is able to both eat and drink, in fact she's able to feed herself. The feeding tube has kept her from feeling hunger and she has only picked at food. Perhaps now she'll eat.

I feel like I'm defending our decision. Maybe I am, but I'm convinced that it was the right one.

I also talked with Aunt Betty last night. It's the first time I've heard her voice in years, but I'd know it anywhere! She sounds great, but when I asked her how she's doing she told me that she's on a walker and does have a lot of trouble getting around. But, she added, the walker's RED and that does help, it makes her happy!

Well, about a minute ago NASA crashed a probe into the surface of the Moon's south pole. They are looking for water. I went out to see if the moon's still there, but the fog's so thick that I can barely see the roof of the house much less the moon.

Well, lets see what tomorrow brings!

No comments: