Sunday, April 05, 2009

What am I supposed to do?

This Friday night thing is really getting old! When our leader, Ruth, called this week I told her that I wasn't going to be able to make it and, to make a very long story short, she insisted and I went! It wasn't fun and even though I got a burger and fries and it was good and cheaper than the regular fare, I resented spending both the money and the time for something I didn't want to do! Why is this so hard to get out of?

Then, yesterday she called and invited me over for wine and cheese tonight with a couple of other folks. I actually lied and told her that an old friend was in town and I'd be seeing her! She is in town, but we don't have any plans to get together, we had a nice phone visit yesterday. I don't like to lie. I should be able to just say no! What's wrong with this picture? I feel sorry for Ruth, she's old and a widow and crippled, but she has around the clock help and a driver and goes constantly. She has plenty of money and doesn't lack for anything she wants or needs. She makes me feel like I'm being used for entertainment and I don't like it! I'm just not going to show up this coming Friday night and I guess I'll just have to stop answering her calls. For some reason she makes me feel guilty if I say no! Cross your fingers that I'll get some gumption!

This is the oddest Spring weather! Both tomorrow night and Tuesday night we are supposed to be below freezing! Guess I'll have to get the space heaters back out and bring in the potted plants that I can lift! And, tonight and tomorrow we are looking for more storms! Weird, huh?

When is this basketball stuff on TV going to end? I'm so tired of basketball knocking stuff I watch off the tube! What's wrong with ESPN? That's a sports channel...can't they have it on there and leave everything else alone? Phooy on them!

This is a cloudy and chilly day...perfect for hot tea and movies!

No comments: