Friday, April 24, 2009

Is it still Spring?

Our temperature hit 90 degrees yesterday! It's hard to believe it's still Spring! Seems we just jumped to Summer! I turned the air conditioner in the car on for the first time on the way home from Tallahassee yesterday. At first all it did was blow HOT air. Turned it off and on a couple of times to no avail and was beginning to think I needed to have it serviced. Then I noticed a button on the dash...A/C. Punched it and glorious COLD air came out. Amazing what a difference a little button can make! I haven't turned the AC on in the house. Early last night it was pretty warm inside, but I opened both the front door and the French doors and got a lovey cool breeze through, 'course it did blow some dust bunnies around. I was hoping it would blow them outside...no such luck!

Yesterday was Mother's 84th birthday. Except for the fact that she was told it was her birthday she didn't know and didn't care. I'm sure that today she doesn't remember...in fact, I'm sure that shortly after we left she didn't remember. It's hard to believe that just a little over a year ago she was a very young 82...now she's a very old 84!

Wednesday I brought home the cutest old corner desk. It's small, has a drop lid and is on 3 tapered legs. Inside it has 2 small drawers and 5 or 6 cubbies. There are 2 decent sized drawers on the outside as well. Cute, cute, cute! I got it for $2 and for stenciling our nursery's name on some folding chairs and tables. Not a bad deal! Poor desk had been stored in a dirt floored garage for who knows how long and was filthy. After I got it home and got it cleaned and polished it turned out to be a really nice piece. Getting it into my little car and then into the house was really the challenge. I still have bruises on the inside of both arms from wrestling it! I feel I came out ahead on this deal! I still have about 15 chairs and 2 tables to stencil. Should be able to finish that up Monday or Tuesday.

I'm debating as to whether or not I should go the the doctor's office this morning. Mercy scratched my right leg quite badly this morning. She didn't do it with malice, she was just urging me out of bed and into the kitchen for her breakfast. I slept in until 5:45! The place is about 5 inches long and pretty deep in several spots. I had trouble stopping the bleeding and it still hurts. It doesn't need stitches. I cleaned it and put Sulfodene on it...don't think the Doc could or would do much else. There, I just answered my on question. I'll just keep an eye on it.

Okay, tonight is Dinner with the Ladies. I didn't go for 2 weeks and that was nice. Then Ruth called Wednesday night and caught me off guard. She asked me if I wanted to "come back"! I asked her what in the world was she talking about and she had been told (Leah Jane) that I didn't want to do Fridays any more. Told her that I didn't want to do every week any more and that yes, I'd do it this week. That's okay...I figure I'll go once a month on the Friday following getting my SS check! Gee, the joys of a small town! There are folks here that have no idea what friendship means and wouldn't know how to keep their mouths shut if they were sewn shut! There are many perks to small town living, but I stupidily have trusted a couple of folks that I really didn't know anymore. Can't undo it, but can and will guard my every word with these 2 from now on! Snakes! They are just snakes in the grass!!!!!

Shirley jumped off of the foot rest of my recliner Wednesday night and did something to her left shoulder. She hobbled on 2 back legs and the 1 good front one the remainder of the evening. I had to carry her out and back in when she needed to go out and had to lift her up into my lap and onto the bed. I rubbed it for her and it didn't seem to hurt her when I did that, but also didn't seem to help. When she got up yesterday morning she was able to use it, but slowly and quite gingerly. Today she's okay. She'll be 7 May 1st as will Goodness and Mercy. That's not that old, is it?

No comments: