Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Swine Flu in Florida

I just read on the computer that the first case of Swine Flu has been found in Florida. Guess where? Disney World!!! Ironic, isn't it? Now, just imagine the implications of that...I don't know the numbers, but thousands and thousands of people go through Disney World daily and the probability of infection must be great. Where are all the folks that are visiting there going when they leave? Probably home. Home to South America, Africa, India, Indiana, Mississippi, etc. You get my drift...

Every time I turn the news on more cases are being reported and the first probable death in the US (that we know of) has been reported in California.

This morning while I dressed I had the national news on on one of the networks. They were interviewing the parents of a student that has been confirmed with Swine Flu. The mother was hacking and coughing the entire interview. That didn't seem too bright to me.

Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands! Stay out of crowded situations! Stay home if you're sick. Use common sense. Buy a few canned goods just in case this thing shuts down our supplies for a while. Prepare for the worse and pray for the best.

Be safe.

No comments: