Saturday, April 11, 2009

Pictures

This is the front porch, the spirea is still blooming and you can see the red nandina berries. I wish I'd had film and had taken some pictures before the storms took all of the azalea bloom! This is my first iris bloom of the year...beautiful! The pink Knock Out rose is just really coming into it's own!

Jazzy. Hasn't she gotten big? When she first arrived she was too tiny to go up the steps, now she takes them in leaps and bounds! You can see the land scaping she's done...all of that used to be grass!


Smokey, Goodness and Jazzy.


Jazzy getting a bath from Goodness.





Bathing just wears one out!

I just looked at the dates on the pictures. Obviously I need to figure out how to change the date, 'cause it's 2009, NOT 1994!
Well, I didn't do Friday Night with the Ladies. I was less than truthful, well, I stretched the truth a bit. When Ruth called I told her that I couldn't go because I had a date. Actually, I was asked out, but I didn't go. I'm just not up for that yet. Guess I'll have to have a date every Friday night!
Thursday I spent hours going through some clothes that Mother and Bert brought over here 2 or 3 years ago. They just drove up and unloaded his van into my living room and left. These were all things from Mother's closet that she couldn't use any more. Well, she knew I couldn't use them as the majority were size 6! So Thursday I finally cleared out the guest room of all of it. Took it up to Wag the Dog (the Humane Society's thrift shop). They were delighted to get it and I was thrilled to have it all out of my house!
I just made some pickled eggs. Haven't done that in years! Used beet juice, cider vinegar, brown sugar, kosher salt, black pepper, thinly sliced onions and sliced garlic. Took a sip of the pickling juice before pouring it over the eggs and it took my breath away! Good stuff, just not to drink! Sure does make pretty red eggs! They'll sit in the 'frige for a couple of days before I eat them.
Weather's rather warm and overcast. Slight chance of rain in the forecast. I'd like a little, but there is flooding all around. The next county over to the east still has major evacuations and road closings! They were talking about closing I-10 earlier this week, but so far they haven't. Our local paper on Wednesday had lots of pictures of roads here in Jefferson County that are flooded and closed. It's really been a wild spring!




No comments: