Sunday, February 15, 2009

We've had RAIN!

It's been so dry as to be quite dusty for the last few weeks and finally yesterday and today we've had rain! I took advantage of the moist ground and planted my pitiful Myers lemon tree this morning. Poor blessed thing has been in a pot on the patio for 2 years now and has valiantly tried to live and produce fruit. Actually had two stunted lemons this year. They were so small, but still quite juicy and had that lovely Myers lemon taste. Poor, poor tree has lost most of its leaves and I'm not even sure it's still alive, but this is it's only chance. Cross your fingers for it!

Friday night was Dinner with the Ladies. The service was so poor as to be painful. When the food finally arrived (an hour after ordering) we all requested to go boxes and left! I took some little appetizers because of last week and we needed them! I got a little creative and cut out a gazillion red hearts of all sizes and sprinkled them on the white table cloth...pretty and took 4 red glass votive candle holders with candles. It was quite festive. I'm not sure I want to continue this Friday night routine...at least not at the same place. I've decided that I'll go this coming Friday night and if the service is as bad as it's been the past 2 times I'll just have to beg off. I mean really, I can shop and cook something wonderful for what I spend on Friday nights! And have it when I want it!

My friend Leah Jane had a MRI done on her back last week. She has a ruptured disc (she fell down a mountain in NC backwards!) and will be going to Mayo Clinic for a consultation for surgery this coming week. Her birthday is Tuesday and she'll be 74. That worries me as I know age and surgery are not friends. Of course, 74 gets younger and younger!

Today Jazzy is a year old! I sang Happy Birthday to her this morning and she danced around on her hind legs! She's so funny! Shirley danced too and then they both had treats. This morning they were called Birthday Treats and they both acted like they were really special! All 4 cats went outside and acted like we were nuts. They just don't appreciate a good party!

Bert called Friday night. A friend of Mother's from NC will be here on Thursday and he wants both my sister and me to meet them at 11am at the nursing home. So we will. Then the 4 of us will go out to lunch. That should be nice.

I've got an interesting thing cooking now. A chicken leg quarter with rosemary, garlic, lime juice, 9 grape tomatoes and chicken broth with shell pasta. Smells fantastic! Boy, I'm very hungry!

No particular news...at least nothing note worthy.

No comments: