Saturday, February 21, 2009

Odds and Ends

Wednesday was my trip to the dermatologist. The appointment was for 1:30, but in true Virgo fashion I got there at 1 o'clock. That was a stroke of luck, because they took me right in. It seems I don't have much of a grasp of what I should be looking for on my skin as every thing I was a bit concerned about turned out to be nothing, but there were 2 places that he did biopsy, one at my waist line on my back and one on my upper right thigh. I should hear Monday what the pathology shows. I did get a little ticked off at the young doctor (same one I saw this time last year), because every time I'd ask about a place I was concerned about he'd say in a rather dismissive manner "that's age related". After hearing this several times I finally said "Okay, wait a minute. I've never been old before and I don't know just what to expect. Do you have a manual?"...He sorta jumped back and stood very straight (he's quite tall) and looked at me. Then he laughed and said "No, I don't, but we'll get through this together."...Maybe he'll take a better approach with other older patients. I hope so.

Wednesday night we had quite a storm. Several miles north of us, in South Georgia, they had some very damaging tornadoes. A huge limb from one of my pecan trees in the front yard came down across my neighbor's driveway. They moved in back onto my property. It'll just have to stay there for a while as I can't do any moving, pulling or lifting until my biopsy sites heal.

Thursday it was back to Tallahassee to meet my sister, Bert and Mother's friend from NC at the nursing home. We all visited with Mother for an hour and then Bert took us all to Crisper's for lunch. Mother's hair hadn't been done, but other than that the visit went well.

After lunch everyone went their own way and I went to Ross! I've been needing a non-stick skillet for a while and found one there. And it's PURPLE! Awesome!

Leah Jane's home from the Mayo Clinic. I'm amazed that she's home so soon. She had surgery on Thursday. She says the pain relief is unreal. There's pain from the 4" incision on her back, but she says that's quite bearable. I'm meeting her and her cousin for lunch today.

It's cold this morning...26 degrees right now. I don't know what this is going to do to everything that's blooming. I have a bank of azaleas across the back of the yard in full bloom and the Japanese magnolias, red buds and camellias are all blooming, too. We'll see.

No comments: