Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's FALL!

This morning it's chilly outside, not at all cold, just chilly. We've had such hot weather, I know the rest of the country is having odd temps, too. Wonder what it means for the winter. I haven't had my propane tank filled yet, I just can't face trying to find that $400 it's going to take. I still have a good stock pile of wood. I guess it's good. Does wood go bad? It's been soaked and dried so many times...well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'd rather get another $200 pile of wood than propane...maybe a space heater or two.

Saturday morning Nancy and I were to meet Mother at 8am for sausage dogs and cokes at Bradley's Country Store. Well, Nancy arrived first and I got there right at 8. We sat on the porch and waited for Mother. About 5 after 8 we saw her zip by. We waved. She came back around 8:15. She'd gotten lost and somehow missed Bradley's...she had to stop and get directions. She's only been going there for 40+ years.

Mother's talking about getting a new car. That's the last thing she needs. I hate to even think of her driving at all. She and Bert have been married 4 years this month. Bert's 90th birthday is next month. Mother's planning to have a big dinner party at a local restaurant...around 20 people. She doesn't want any help. Hope she pulls it off.

Had my flu shot yesterday. Have you had yours?

No comments: