Saturday, September 29, 2007

Another Helen update

I finally got through to Helen around 4 this afternoon. They just rang me to her room and I woke her. At first she didn't seem to know just who I was, but then her head seemed to clear and we had a reasonable conversation. She had trouble telling time. I told her it was around 4pm and she said she thought it was 9am. Then she asked again what time it was and I said 4:15, she said no, it's 6:15 and we had a few more of those. Brenda had told me that she wasn't eating, so I asked her about her weight. She said she weighs about 100lbs. But she has trouble eating and I suggested something liquid like Boost or Slim Fast or the like. She said she'd ask Brenda to bring her some. She's not meeting folks there, not getting around, not going out into the gardens. She says she's too tired and just wants to sleep. Brenda said that she didn't think Helen would ever leave there. For Helen's sake I hope she's wrong.

No comments: