Thursday, September 13, 2007

Summer's end

The slight hint of Fall in the air is just enough to give everyone here cause for joy. There's a touch of color in the foliage everywhere and the days smell differently than they did just a week ago. The promise of Fall is the only thing that gets us through the brutal summer weather with a little optimism, sure that conditions will improve.

I'm still working 5 hour days. Actually, I like those hours. The pay check is severely impacted, but the quality of life is greatly improved. I know there will be times when I'll need to work full days, even full weeks, but I don't think that'll be the constant. We'll see. I need to work for 4 more years in order to draw full Social Security...66...that sounds like forever, but I know it's a little under 48 months. Doable.

No comments: