Saturday, October 20, 2007

Saturday!

Today I'm going to Nancy's house to play bridge. I'm not the best player in the world and get a little nervous when playing with new folks...I do know one of the girls playing and of course Nancy, so there's only one stranger...doable.

We had 24 hours of major rain yesterday. The same system that did the tornado in Pensacola came on through. It really stormed, but thankfully, no tornadoes.

When I got home from work yesterday "T", an old fellow who does odd jobs and yard work around town, was picking up pecan tree limbs from my yard that the storm brought down. The trees are full of ripe pecans now and the limbs are very heavy with them. Add rain and wind and down they come! There were actually quite a few. I sure did appreciate that, gave him $5.00, wish I'd had more to spare.

Work is still slow. I'm wondering if it's going to pick up. I sure would hate for it to close...of course it'd be a wonderful write-off for our parent company. Just a little under 3 years and I can retire with SS (if it's still there) more comfortably than if I retire now...couldn't live on what I'd get now...and in 3 years I'll qualify for medicare. That's important. My health insurance now is around $750.00 a month...the company pays half. I'd have to do without insurance if I took retirement now, but it sure is tempting!

No comments: