Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas 2006

I woke this morning at 5am with the sense of anticipation that I've had every Christmas morning for the past 61 years! 61 Christmas mornings! I find that just amazing! Wonder how many more are written in my book of life?

It's pouring rain and warm this morning. A few tornado watches in the surrounding area and high wind alerts everywhere. Boy! We really need this rain, what a Christmas gift!

At 9 this morning I'll go get Ann (I think she'll follow me...she needs to get back for 2 parties) and we'll go to my sister's house in Tallahassee...she's planning a light breakfast for us. From there we'll go to Wakulla Springs Lodge for a fabulous Christmas dinner buffet. I was there two years ago and the food was unreal! An entire room was just desserts!!!!! (I have a couple of baggies in my purse!)

Mother and Bert are going to Quincy to Bert's family. They were planning to go to the mountains as they did last year, but Mother said she just couldn't make the trip...truth be known, there were a couple of parties she didn't want to miss!

We closed the nursery at noon on Friday and will reopen Wednesday AM.

Around 2 on Friday afternoon HWB called and asked me to go up to the parent company's office and meet a fellow with cases of candy he ordered and lead him to our office to unload in the kitchen. I got there at 2:15, the fellow didn't arrive until almost 3! Got that all done and was back home (in the rain) by 3:30. Built a little fire and just vegged the rest of the day! Lovely!

Spent Saturday and Sunday doing little chores around the house and enjoying the rain. Had a fire last night and Shirley, Goodness, Mercy and I enjoyed it while watching Christmas movies on TV. Very nice Christmas Eve!

Merry Christmas everyone! My love to you!

3 comments:

prentice said...

Hey, Jane, glad you had a good Christmas. I had one of the best I can remember. Love you!

PST

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom! I tagged you for a little thingy, which you can read about on today's blog post.

Oh, and merry Xmas. I posted a comment on the day of this post, but for some reason blogger would not cooperate, so it never showed up. But I was way before Prentice. Just so you both know.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom! I tagged you for a little thingy, which you can read about on today's blog post.

Oh, and merry Xmas. I posted a comment on the day of this post, but for some reason blogger would not cooperate, so it never showed up. But I was way before Prentice. Just so you both know.