Monday, December 04, 2006

Catching up once again

Where does the time go? Wasn't it just Thanksgiving yesterday?

Last weekend I went to my sister's house in Tallahassee and helped her decorate for Christmas. Everything looked sooooo good!

Then, this Saturday she came here and we went to Bethlehem in Monticello. It's always wonderful, sheep, donkeys and an ornery camel. There were lots of children and lots of adults. I do believe the adults were the most awe struck. This is a live reproduction of the city of Bethlehem with tax collectors and shepherds and angels...its a regular village you walk through and watch the daily activities...ending at the manger.

Had supper at Ann's house on Monday and Friday nights last week and Leah Jane's last night.

Yesterday my sister came over and helped me decorate. Looks pretty good. I spent $20 on a 6' pre-lit tree. It looked rather sparse, but once I added a couple of strings of lights and a bunch of ornaments it looks quite nice.

Shirley is going into the vets today to be spayed. I think she might be pregnant (Chester) and Dr. Spencer thinks it would be disastrous for her to have an advanced pregancy much less try to give birth as she's a rat terrier and he's a chow. This is something I really didn't want to do, but at least she'll not have to worry about it any more. I'm so worried about the surgery. (She's really wanting breakfast.)

The course I'm taking is almost over. I took the next to the last test yesterday (on-line), got an A. That makes 3 A's, 3 B's and a C. These test are 50 questions and we have 30 minutes to complete it. After I take the last test (hope to do it later this week) there is a 3 hour certification exam. I never developed good study habits and this has really been quite a challenge. Sure hope I can pass the final exam! HWB told me that if I finish the course I'll get $500 as a bonus. Sure could use that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you're spaying her. Her life would truly be at risk. She'll be better off spayed!
Good decision.