Saturday, April 29, 2006

A Good Week

This was a very nice week.

Monday & Tuesday were a little slow at work, but they passed.

I got quite a bit of weeding done in the bed I'm trying to create and a few more things planted.

Wednesday was great! It rained buckets and buckets of rain! Boy we needed that! We still need more (maybe tomorrow).

Also, Wednesday was the day HWB (the boss) took me to Tallahassee for lunch for National Administrative Assistant Day. We went to the University Club at FSU and had a wonderful table overlooking the football field...I have lots of memories of that stadium and the field. There was a lovely Spring arrangement of flowers on the table where we were seated. HWB told me that they were for me from him & the sales manager. How nice! They are on the mantle now and just beautiful! Roses (red, pink and yellow), purple Irises, gerber daisies, red and white snapdragons and a bunch of others I can't identify. Just beautiful!

I'm going in to work tomorrow for a while. The girl that's been doing the books and checks for TLS is quitting as of Monday and a bunch of her work is going to me, a bunch is also going to the accountant in Tallahassee. I am looking forward to having more to do, I worry about my ability to do the job. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Helen's not doing well. She's in lots of body pain and her short term memory is really poor. Her long term memory's good and her spirit's up most of the time. I don't think she's going to be with us too much longer.

Shirley, Goodness and Mercy are doing well. Goodness has gotten rather skinny since he began his big outdoor adventure. He lives on the roof of the shed most of the time and he sometimes mews around the house wanting me to come out and hold him...I usually do. I watched him the other day stalk a squirrel. He's such a silly cat! Instead of getting low and slinking throuch the grass, he stood REAL tall and tip-toed! Needless to say, he didn't get within 3 feet of the squirrel...I got a chuckle from it though! Mercy spends every day out front. She's usually on the front porch either in a chair or on the table, but she occasionally uses one of the front beds as her lookout point. She'll only come in the front door...I think she's trying to tell me something! She only comes in to eat and sleep. Shirley's thinking she's an only child!

No comments: