Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The dump

I stopped at the dump on the way to work yesterday...to drop something off and lo and behold...I left with more than I went there with! I found a huge box of books, a bamboo bird cage and a sewing machine! There was also a wicker chair, but I couldn't fit it in the car. I've begun to think that Mike isn't going to bring me my sewing machine, so this was a MAJOR find!

Worked 1/2 a day yesterday and got home at noon. It took longer to unload the car than it did to load it and I enjoyed every moment of it. The bird house is in very good shape and the books were unreal! There were 8 paperbacks by Edgar Rice Burroughs that wereprinted in the '60's...his science fiction works...and I've only heard about them, never seen or read them. And, many, many other really good ones. The sewing machine on the other hand had been canabalized...not much of it was there, but I salvaged 2 needles, a bobbin and bobbin case, a drive belt and a good pressure foot. Maybe I can build one.

The weather is wild! Saturday night I put Shirley out around 9:30 and checked the temperature...64. When I got up around 7 Sunday morning it was 24! 26 this morning.

No comments: