Saturday, January 30, 2010

Yet again

I woke up this morning around 4:30 with the wind howling, maga thunder and lighting and rain coming down in buckets!  I huddled under animals and the cover until around 5:00, but then the power started flickering on and off, so I got up and dashed to the kitchen to turn on the coffee pot, just in case it went out completely.  It's always nice to have coffee in a storm even if it's cold!  After feeding the animals I made a pot of spaghetti sauce and cooked up some pasta, I can always eat cold spaghetti!

By 7:00 this morning things had let up a bit and the power seemed stable so I put on a load of laundry.  Funny how storms seem to make me much more industrious!

It's 11:16 now and the wind is calm with occasional gusts and it's only drizzling rain.  I feel like I've already done a full day's work, so I may spend the remainder of it in front of the tv with a book!  Sounds like a plan to me!

No comments: